Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Ripplefold Draperies

Ripplefold draperies are hard to explain until you see them in person or photography.  They have no pleats at the top, but instead they hang in uniform rounded folds.  Think of grommeted draperies, without the grommet or the rod going through the center of the curtain.  These curtains are usually installed on a small track with ball bearing carriers for smooth-as-butter function.   They look fabulous in a contemporary loft apartment or in homes with clean lines.  A few of my favorite fabrics for Ripplefolds are linen, silk, velvet, and even sheers that have some "nub".  Lastly, I have made these unlined, lined or even blackout lined for room darkening in bedrooms.  I am not the best photographer.  I'd love for you to see some Ripplefolds designed and fabricated by my friend, Ravi Pankhania.  View his incredible designs at www.ravidesign.ca in his Portfolio tab.

No comments:

Post a Comment